Lost licences after computer crash
Thread poster: Robert Rietvelt

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:42
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 15, 2015

Maybe this thread has been discussed before. If so, my apologies for asking again, but I couldn find it.

I own a license for SDL Studio 2011 Freelance Plus and one for Trados 7 (8) Freelance, so for 2 computers. The problem is that my laptop crashed, and with it my licenses. I have to reinstall all from scratch, but I haven't any licenses to send back.

I visited the SDL website, but couldn find the request field.

Could anybody please tell me what to do?

[Edited at 2015-02-15 17:29 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 5

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You can do this yourself. Feb 15, 2015

You can reset your own license by using the Self Service option in your MySDL account for SDL Trados 2011 and SDL Trados Studio 2014.

Go to KB article #5196 ( http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5196 ) and follow the instructions.

Then for 2007... go to KB article #4295 ( http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4295 ) and follow the instructions.

Regards

Paul

Like 4

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Paul Feb 17, 2015

Because of lack of time, I went with my laptop to a "computer repair shop" in my neighbourhood, and they found out that it was all caused because of a virus. In short, they managed to rescue my computer with all programs on it, but still thanks for your prompt answer. If I would need it in the future (everything can happen), I will surely use it.

Like 4

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost licences after computer crash

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €495 / $595
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €495 / $595 / £425 / ¥70,000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search