Thread poster: Alaa Zeineldine

Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 11:45
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 8, 2005

I am using Trados (65.4.438 Build 439 with WordXP/WinXP) while translating from English into Arabic (source is left-to-right, target is right-to-left).

Occasionally, I find the first one or two letters lost from source paragraphs that have not been translated yet. When I replace the letters manually, everything seems to work, but I am worried about possible corruption of the file.

This happens more frequently with the paragraph that immediately follows the TU being translated, but sometimes I see two paragraphs at once with dissapearing first characters.

Any idea what's going on.

Thanks,.

Alaa

Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:45
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Same thing with me, in Wordfast Jan 17, 2005

I know it is not of much help to know that there are others with the same problem: I couldn't find out about the reason for that either. Anybody out there?

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:45
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Just guessing: different style? Jan 17, 2005

Eva Blanar wrote:

I know it is not of much help to know that there are others with the same problem: I couldn't find out about the reason for that either. Anybody out there?

Maybe the first character has a different style, e.g. tw4winExternal which was somehow made to look like normal text?

But I'm only guessing wildly...

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

first characters in a line occasionally dissappear

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search