Studio 2014: Target term entered as source term when entering term into termbase
Thread poster: Roy Oestensen

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 20:52
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Feb 21, 2015

Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong?
I am marking some term in source and target, and hit ctr+F2 to have it entgered into the terminology database.

Source is for instance
English: rear speaker cables
Target:
Norwegian: kabler til bakre høyttaler

When I hit ctr+F2, I get:
English
Term:
kabler til bakre høyttaler

Norwegian
Term:

I.e. an empty square. To get what I want, I have to copy "kabler til bakre høyttaler" into the Norwegian field, and overwrite the English term with "rear speaker cables".

Entering things into the Termbase has worked fine up until now, so I am rather puzzled what may be wrong. any suggestion?

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 20:52
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 21, 2015

The project was linked to a couple of term databases at the clients place, and I had forgotten to link my local terminology database. When I linked it and moved it to the top, the behaviour was as I expected.

I probably was not allowed to add the terms to the client's database, which makes sense.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: Target term entered as source term when entering term into termbase

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search