Thread poster: Ittai Hen

Ittai Hen  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:24
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 23, 2015

I have deactivated Trados 2011 for the purpose of Trados 2014 activation, yet, when entering Trados 2014 with the relevant activation code online, an error message saying "license does not support Trados 2014"appears; when entering offline, I received a message saying license does not support Trados 2011. Please advise?

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:24
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Are you using the correct activation code? Feb 23, 2015

I would have thought that Studio 2011 and Studio 2014 can live side by side on the same machine, so you don't have to deactivate the lisence code for 2011. You are not inadvertently trying to use the 2011 key for 2014? I don't think that will work.

Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, the activation code is not the problem Feb 23, 2015

Hi Roy,
thanks for your reply, but that wouldn't be the case, as I have copy+past the relevant activation code from the SDL Account. I was also under the impression both versions operate concurrently, but I think during the activation process I was asked to deactivate the 2011 version; perhaps I'm wrong, as I'm trying to figure the problem for couple of days now...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe worth clarifying how this works! Feb 23, 2015

Hi,

If you upgrade from Studio 2011 then this is what you do.

1. Deactivate your 2011 licence
  2. Install Studio 2014
  3. Get your new 2014 license code from the email you received or from your MySDL account
  4. Activate Studio 2014
  5. This will reactivate Studio 2011 and they now use the same code. No need to reactivate 2011.

The old Studio 2011 code should not be used at all in this scenario.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Need to Return Old Studio 2011 codes first. Feb 23, 2015

Hi Ittai,

You need to first return both of your former 2011 activation codes.

Then when this is done, you should then be able to activate both 2011 and 2014 using the same (2014) activation code, providing both are installed on the same machine.

If you are unable to return both of your previously 2011 codes, please raise a support case to have them manually returned for you.

To raise a support case please go to our Knowledge Base, you can use this link http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:SFTab:crumb:0 then select the solution finder menu/tab at the top of the page. Work through the options in the dropdown menus to locate your query, then an automated form will appeal on the right hand side of the page, fill this in and submit.

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

SDL Customer Experience Executive

Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2011 license is already returned Feb 23, 2015

Checking the ,Products & Plans>LICENSE it shows the 2011 activation code is inactive, and 2014 license was activated today, and yet, when entering the 2014 activation code shown on the LICENSE page, an error message saying "license does not support Trados 2014".

[Edited at 2015-02-23 10:36 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Problem should be resolved Feb 23, 2015

Hi Ittai,

The problem seems to be a corruption of your license at our end, so nothing you could correct yourself. The licensing team have fixed it so you should be able to use your 2014 license now.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem is solved Feb 23, 2015

Hi Paul,

I have managed to activate the Trados 2014 now; thank you very much all of you guys for your help

[Edited at 2015-02-23 13:32 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 Activation problems

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search