NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 13:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2015

Hi,

I'm wondering if you can help me here.

I'd like to know the wildcards available in SDL Trados Studio.

Not sure, but I think that the Search & Replace function in the Editor can only use the following 3 wildcards:
  • ?
  • {x,y} (for repetitions)

I might be wrong with this short list, so it'd be great if you can provide any resource listing the wildcards available in Studio. I tried myslef, but couldn't find any…

Thanks in advance,

... Jesús Prieto ...

Direct link Reply with quote

• Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
    Switzerland
    French to German
    + ...
    The help explains it .. Feb 23, 2015

When you click,on help, it tells you that you can use the "question mark" and the "asterisk".

This is very limited, but please note that the S+R function supports regular expressions, which means that you can do very complex search and replace operations.

Walter

NeoAtlas
    Spain
    English to Spanish
    + ...
    TOPIC STARTER
    Thanks Walter… Feb 23, 2015

I knew that, but taking into account that there is a third wildcard available not mentioned there (the repetitions), I was wondering if there is a full list somewhere.

Regards,

... Jesús Prieto ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wildcards in SDL Trados Studio

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
    Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
    Wordfast Pro
    Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
    • All of ProZ.com
    • Term search
    • Jobs
    • Forums
    • Multiple search