NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 19:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2015

Hi,

I'm wondering if you can help me here.

I'd like to know the wildcards available in SDL Trados Studio.

Not sure, but I think that the Search & Replace function in the Editor can only use the following 3 wildcards:
?
{x,y} (for repetitions)

I might be wrong with this short list, so it'd be great if you can provide any resource listing the wildcards available in Studio. I tried myslef, but couldn't find any…

Thanks in advance,

... Jesús Prieto ...

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
The help explains it .. Feb 23, 2015

When you click,on help, it tells you that you can use the "question mark" and the "asterisk".

This is very limited, but please note that the S+R function supports regular expressions, which means that you can do very complex search and replace operations.

Walter

NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Walter… Feb 23, 2015

I knew that, but taking into account that there is a third wildcard available not mentioned there (the repetitions), I was wondering if there is a full list somewhere.

Regards,

... Jesús Prieto ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wildcards in SDL Trados Studio

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search