https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/282218-sdlxpr_file_unable_to_open.html

sdlxpr file - unable to open
Thread poster: Eva Paz (X)
Eva Paz (X)
Eva Paz (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2015

Dear all
A client has sent me an sdlxpr file for editing and when I try to open it, I get the following message :
"l'importation du package de retour a echoué car il contient un projet qui n'existe pas dans votre installation." (failure to import the return package because it contains a project that does'nt exist in your installation".

Thanks a lot for your help

Eva

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try to check the language settings Feb 23, 2015

From other discussions I wonder if the problem is that the package has multiple languages, some of which you don't have. Check the setting of the package and try to deactivate language combinations you don't have.

You may want to check this discussion in the threads and see exactly how it has been solved by others, but this is as far as I remember it.

Roy

Eva Paz (X)
Eva Paz (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
return package Feb 23, 2015

Thank you very much!
Eva

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Return packages can only be opened if the originating project exists Feb 23, 2015

What you received is a return package (.sdlrpx). In order to import it, you need to first open the project from which the original package (the one that was sent out to your client) has been created.

If you did not send out a package to this client, then ask him to send you a "normal" project package (.sdlppx) instead of a return package.

Walter

Herveline Thépaut
Herveline Thépaut
English to French
Good point! Feb 23, 2015

Thanks Walter, you solved the problem!
I did not know that. Once the original Package downloaded in a file, I could open the Return Package.

[Modifié le 2015-02-23 11:38 GMT]

Paul NYAMBIO

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdlxpr file - unable to open

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »