SDL Trados 2007 so slow on Windows 8.1
Thread poster: kinta

kinta
Japan
Local time: 20:29
English to Japanese
Feb 24, 2015

Hello everyone. Please help me.

I have been working on a Windows 7 PC for so many years, and it has a few issues with its keyboard.
So I decided to purchase a Windows 8 PC, and already installed all the CAT tools.
Trados Studio 2014 is working fast, but Trados 2007 responds SO SLOW! However, SDLX which comes with Trados 2007 is working well.

The environments of both of my PCs are quite similar, I suppose: Both 64-bit Operating System, except one is Win7 and the other is Win8. I have Office 2007 on both of them.

Every simple action such as importing from a tmx file, or simply opening a file or segment takes such a long time.

Please give me advice on how to speed up my Trados 2007 on Windows 8.1.

Thank you very much.

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:29
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Love to help you, but.... Feb 24, 2015

I haven't got the answer, Trados 2007 works fast and more or less well on my Windows 8.1, only it doesn't clean the Word files, for that I have to use the macro tw.4winClean.Main.

TagEditor is useless, because you can't clean it anyway and furthermore the program isn't supported anymore. Wonder if it still would work on Windows 10 or future versions?

My suggestion for your actual problem would be: Try to reinstall the program.

[Edited at 2015-02-24 22:49 GMT]

kinta
Japan
Local time: 20:29
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 26, 2015

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your comment.

I think I will continue using the Windows 7 PC, and re-install Trados 2007 on Windows 8 PC when I have time.
Hope it will work.

I wish my clients stopped using Trados 2007, then I don't need to worry about it.

Thank you anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 so slow on Windows 8.1

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search