Kristin Fischer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:16
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 27, 2015

Hello!

I was just given a new file to add to an existing project but when trying to do so the content of all other files disappeared.

Here is what I did:

1. I opened the existing project which already has several translated files in it. I receive the normal overview with words, status, progress, etc.

2. I click 'add files'

3. I choose the file from my files and click open

4. The file is added BUT all information about the files disappears and is replaced with n/a

5. I try to open the editor but there are is nothing in it

6. I click on the file -> batch tasks -> prepare

7. Everything runs smoothly and the process ends with all green ticks

HOWEVER, there is still no content in the files.

What can I do?

P.S.: I also tried to open the file as an individual translation. I added the existing TM and and termbase but when opening the project neither of them had been recognized. It just said: no TM/term base open. When then trying to open them again the same thing happend. I opend the TM but it didn't appear in the editor.

What is going on here?
I tried looking it up on the trados support page but couldn't find anything.
I tried looking it up in the forum but could only find the steps recreated I already carried out.

Condidtency is very important for this project, so I want to at least be able to apply the TM.

Thanks for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

project files disappear

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search