Thread poster: Bodil Little

Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:28
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Feb 28, 2015

I have been running Studio 2011 on my computer without problems for several years now. In this particular translation package I have received, the text is unclear and fuzzy. It is difficult to tell whether it is a "c" or an "e", etc.

My OS is Vista, and somebody said that this is very old and could be the problem. I am not sure, as I have never had this problem before. I have try to change the font, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? (I cannot contact the client and ask questions, since it is the weekend, and I have to deliver the job Monday morning).

Thank you in advance.

Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 15:28
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Text Feb 28, 2015

May be that all you have to do is to save the document as a plaine TXT formt.

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Perhaps it's a fuzzy match Feb 28, 2015

Sorry!

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Odd Feb 28, 2015

Bodil Little wrote:

I have been running Studio 2011 on my computer without problems for several years now. In this particular translation package I have received, the text is unclear and fuzzy. It is difficult to tell whether it is a "c" or an "e", etc.

My OS is Vista, and somebody said that this is very old and could be the problem. I am not sure, as I have never had this problem before. I have try to change the font, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? (I cannot contact the client and ask questions, since it is the weekend, and I have to deliver the job Monday morning).

Thank you in advance.

That could be some wonky anti-aliasing setting. Open a couple of other applications to see if it only affects Studio or other programs as well. It's more likely that it's some display setting within Studio itself. Unfortunately I don't know anything about those. If it's critical and you can't finish the job otherwise, I would a) use another computer if possible, b) restore the computer to a restore point a few days ago or c) reinstall Studio. Try and google the issue and/or wait for responses here before you use any of the more drastic options... maybe a solution is out there.

Denmark
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - but still no solution found Mar 1, 2015

Thanks, but I am still open to solutions.icon_smile.gif

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Display options Mar 1, 2015

Go to Tools>Options>Editor and on the right-hand side, under "Formatting display style", select "show all tags and do not display formatting".

If that doesn't help, I'd go to Tools>Options>Editor>Font adaptation and try changing the font size, colour contrast and language font.

Not sure if either of these ideas will help, but they're worth a try.

Denmark
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you - problem solved! :-) Mar 1, 2015

Dear Emma! You saved my day. Thank you so much. It worked!icon_smile.gif
Now my poor eyes can feel a little better.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - Fuzzy-looking font

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search