Is there a setting in Termbase so it doesn't matter if word starts with capital letter or not?
Thread poster: Dorte Scheeler
Dorte Scheeler
Dorte Scheeler  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:43
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2015

So I am working in Studio 2014 and I have a great Termbase, but sometimes the entries are all lower case and sometimes the entry starts with a capital letter.
Even though that is the only difference, Termbase doesn't recognize a term in the text if it e.g. is all lower case in the text, but starts with a capital letter in the Termbase.

Is there a setting where I can tell Termbase to not worry about lower case/capital letter?

Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:43
German to English
+ ...
Good question! Mar 4, 2015

Yes, I'd like to know that too. It can be quite irritating when translating that it doesn't suggest a TB entry if it is, e.g., at the beginning of a sentence.

memoQ has an option to ignore case, but I haven't found anything similar in Studio or MultiTerm yet.

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Yes Mar 4, 2015

I think the setting you're looking for is at Tools/Options/Autosuggest.
Uncheck the Case sensitive checkbox.

Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Thanks Mar 4, 2015

That seems to do the trick.

However, there is no "Tools" menu in Studio 2014, Options can be found under the "Files" tab.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Setting the option to "case insensitive" has an additional advantage .. Mar 9, 2015

... because it will change the case of the term that is in the termbase depending on what you type.

This is very useful for French because it allows you to enter the terms in the termbase in lower case (e.g. 'article') and when you need the word to be spelled in uppercase because it appears at the beginning of a sentence, simply type 'A' instead of 'a' and Studio will insert 'Article'.

Very convenient.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a setting in Termbase so it doesn't matter if word starts with capital letter or not?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »