Studio 2011 only goes manually
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 7, 2015

I must have hit a button somewhere without realising it, but suddenly I translated a segment, confirmed, and Studio didn't move down from the segment. Then I noticed that all remaining segments are ticked as 100%, even though they're still blank because I haven't got that far yet. When I export, the English version has all the gaps where text is meant to be, apart from some pre-populated repetitions. I have to move down manually each time, which is annoying, although each time I exit the translated Word document does reflect how far I've translated, so it still translates OK.

Any ideas?

[Edited at 2015-03-07 08:52 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Restart Studio Mar 7, 2015

Have you saved your work and restarted Studio? Have you tried restarting your computer?

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Try that later Mar 7, 2015

Hi Emma,

Thanks - I'll try that later when I finish this morning session. I'm using an online TM and a static TM running together, but I have a few files to do with this job, all quite similar, and I started two of the others to see if the same thing would happen, and it doesn't. It picks up the segments already in the TM, and rolls down as usual, so it can't be anything to do with the general setup. So I'm going to do the other files first, and then presumably everything will fall in with the problem file at the end.

Mervyn

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Change segment status Mar 7, 2015

In that case, I'd filter on 100% matches, and then select all the ones that are blank. To do this, select the first untranslated segment by clicking on the segment number column. Now go to the end of your document and press shift+left mouse click.
With all these segments selected, hover your mouse in the number column, right click and select Change Segment Status>Untranslated.

That will bring back the normal behaviour for Confirm and move to next untranslated segment.

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The great Emma Goldsmith ... Mar 7, 2015

... strikes again.

Yes, I did as you said, and all back to normal, good-oh. Thanks a bunch, Emma, although I still don't know what key combination I must have hit to knock on a daft feature.

Muchísimas gracias,

Mervyn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 only goes manually

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search