Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:58
Member (2015)
German to English
Mar 10, 2015

I've watched the videos and read the articles but am still thoroughly confused as to what exactly I should be delivering when sent a clean doc or docx file for translation in Studio 2014. I have sdllegit and have managed to translate the files but don't know what file I should be returning.

So far what I have done is open SDLlegit and converted the file into a bilingual doc file.
Used the "Translate Single Document" function where I have the source text in both the source and
... See more
I've watched the videos and read the articles but am still thoroughly confused as to what exactly I should be delivering when sent a clean doc or docx file for translation in Studio 2014. I have sdllegit and have managed to translate the files but don't know what file I should be returning.

So far what I have done is open SDLlegit and converted the file into a bilingual doc file.
Used the "Translate Single Document" function where I have the source text in both the source and target sections.
Translated the target text.

and now I am unsure whether I should save the text as TRADOStag Document or Original File Format and whether either of those are a bilingual uncleaned doc file.

Do I have to run either file through SDLlegit again and what should the file look like.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
This is where you went wrong... Mar 10, 2015

M00nshine wrote:

and now I am unsure whether I should save the text as TRADOStag Document or Original File Format and whether either of those are a bilingual uncleaned doc file.

... because if Studio offers you Tradostag format then you must have converted the original file to a TTX and not to a Bilingual DOC.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 10, 2015

strange I tried that out last night and this morning and it constantly said failed to convert but now the test process I went to worked - which is of course the main thing.

Thank you for that, it was probably the time pressure that caught me out somewhere.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delivering an unclean bilingual doc file in Studio 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »