Studio 2011: preview unbelievably slow
Thread poster: Lindgaard
Lindgaard
Local time: 08:56
Mar 11, 2015

Hello all

I have worked with very large files in Studio 2011 before without any problems, but with this new assignment, I have to use the preview feature, and frankly, it is driving me nuts.

It is so slow that I have practically given up using it. With each new sentence, I have to wait a very long time. It does not seem to matter if I use real-time preview or xml preview.

I guess my computer just is not good enough for this feature. (Intel Core 2 quad cpu 2.40 GHz, 6 GB RAM).
And since buying a new computer is long overdue, I was hoping that you guys could help me figure out what to buy? This time, I want to be absolutely sure that I do not run into these kinds of problems anytime soon.

Which processor size, how many RAMs?

Marlene

Direct link Reply with quote

Lindgaard
Local time: 08:56
TOPIC STARTER
hoping for comments Mar 12, 2015

Nobody who can help?

Maybe if preview is working fine for you, you can tell me about your computer....

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: preview unbelievably slow

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search