Thread poster: malaudes

malaudes
Argentina
Local time: 13:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 11, 2015

Hello everybody,

I've rencentrly bought, in a TGB, Trados Studio 2014 Freelance. I'm very happy with my purchase but I'm having a difficult time trying to install the license. It happens that when I want to install it, Trados Studio 2014 Big Bird appears. I've read other forums about this topic but I'm unable to delete the other license number and that prevents me from introducing the valid number. I wouldn't like to format my computer since I'm working at the moment and do not want any interference. I want the transition to be as smooth as possible.
Thanks for any information or help you can provide! I'm kinda desperate because this drives me nuts.

Note: I'm running a PC with Windows 7.

Direct link Reply with quote

Géraldine Chapman  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:15
English to French
+ ...
Bad... Mar 11, 2015

Hi Malaudes,

I think this is a difficult issue to resolve, and I doubt you will be able to resolve it alone. It seems that you used an invalid license to use a previous SDL program, and this is in your computer's "biography" now, preventing a new SDL program to install.

I advise you to look into SDL Knowledge Base (http://kb.sdl.com/) and if you don't find any solution, ask for assistance from the Base. Someone from SDL should contact you to help solving the issue.

Good luck,

Géraldine

malaudes
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply Mar 11, 2015

Thanks Géraldine for your reply! I've already tried in the knowledge base but couldn't find a solution or the solutions are incomplete for my particular problem. I'll see if I can contact someone from SDL.

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:15
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Error while installing Trados Studio 2014 Mar 12, 2015

Hi Malaudes,

Please take a look at the following article which explains the solution.

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6123

The problem is that there is an illegal/pirated activation code in circulation that was seemingly designed to bypass normal licensing procedures and protocols.
Unfortunately as this code cannot be removed by normal measures- We (SDL) have designed a special tool that should remove the rogue activation, allowing you to properly activate your recently purchased version.
Please log a support ticket as explained in the above article- our support team will then be in contact with you.

If you can remember when and from where you received the activation code, it would help us enormously in the effort to remove this pirated code and save many freelancers many hours of unnecessary downtime.

Kind regards

Steve

malaudes
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My update Mar 12, 2015

Thanks Steve for your reply.
Yesterday, I decided to use my valid license in my notebook and no problems so far.
But will I be able to deactivate the valid license in the notebook and install the program again in my pc with my license? Thanks for your information!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error while installing Trados Studio 2014

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search