Thread poster: Alice Cernic

Alice Cernic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:40
Slovenian to Italian
+ ...
Mar 11, 2015

Hello everyone,

I am working with an SDL Trados Studio 2014 package and a Multiterm Database given from the agency.

After I finished the first few files, it always shows as if I had fullfilled 98% or 99% of the translation whereas I have all the segments translated and approved. I checked what the problem is with the button f8 and the error message says as follows:

-target segment identical to source
-Extra blank space detected

It is about segments with tags: I tried to copy paste them or simply to press the button, which directly copies the source to the button. Nothing seems to be working and I still see that only the 98% or 99% of the translation has been completed.

The second problem (Extra blank space detected) has also to do with segments with tags and there are no extra spaces.

Could somebody please suggest me a solution?

Thank you very much in advance!

Alice

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Tags treated as formating tags Mar 11, 2015

At least that's my conclusion. More or less all segments that Verify reports multiple spaces in, have tags, but somhow it doesn't take that into consideration during checks. I have already complained that it should not be that difficult for Verify to check if they are formating tags or tags of a different sort, to keep false positives down.

The problem with 98 or 99% finished I have not yet been able to solve, though. I don't experience that always, though I have to make sure that the translation is saved. If it isn't the progress indication is always off.

One thing you have to make certain, though, is that all segments are confirmed. at times I have forgotten, and when I check, I discover a few segments that still are unconfirmed.

Roy

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Check for locked segments Mar 13, 2015

I've recently realised that if a segment is not approved when locked, the analysis will not show 100%. What I recently have started doing in these instances, is as follows:
- right click the project file, and choose View project files
- open the project files for translation
- choose the Review tab and choose Locked segments in the Display filter field
- mark all the locked segments, and unlock them
- change segment status to Confirmed
- changed segments status back to Locked.

I hope that will solve your problem, though I guess it's too late for you now.

Alice Cernic  Identity Verified
Germany
Slovenian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Source segment = Target segment Mar 18, 2015

Thank you for your help, Roy!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source segment = Target segment

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search