Thread poster: Eva Paz

Eva Paz  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 13, 2015

Hello,
I'm trying to connect a client's TM in a server with Studio 2014 freelance for the first time and i get an error message which says that the server is not available and it is.

I choose the option "use SDL authentification" and put the ID and password that the client sent me.

With 2007 it worked perfectly so I'm there's something I am doing wrong with the settings...

Do you have any idea of the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help

Eva

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Is it a 2007 Server? Mar 13, 2015

Hi Eva,

If the server you are connecting to is a Trados 2007 Server then this will not work. The technologies are completely different and there is no possibility to do this out of the box in Studio.

If it's a GroupShare server then I suggest you contact your client and have them help you.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Eva Paz  Identity Verified
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
trados 2014 Mar 13, 2015

Thank you Paul.
Actually the client has migrated the TM to 2014

Eva

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

fail to connect to a TM in server with Studio 2014 freelance

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search