Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:24
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 14, 2015

Dear SDL,

I tried to ask this question through your website, but I could't find the right entrance, sorry, so therefore I try it by this way, hoping someone is 'listening'.

I upgraded my studio 2011 Plus for 2 computers to 2014 Plus, only I can't activate the programm, the right activation code is missing.

I had a look at your site, which states:

'How to Get an Activation Code
Log onto SDL Account.
Click the Licenses link.
Cli
... See more
Dear SDL,

I tried to ask this question through your website, but I could't find the right entrance, sorry, so therefore I try it by this way, hoping someone is 'listening'.

I upgraded my studio 2011 Plus for 2 computers to 2014 Plus, only I can't activate the programm, the right activation code is missing.

I had a look at your site, which states:

'How to Get an Activation Code
Log onto SDL Account.
Click the Licenses link.
Click the plus-sign next to the name of the product you have purchased. The activation codes for that product are displayed.
Copy the activation code.'

Did that, the only problem is that my newly purchased 2014 is not in the list, and apparently has another activation code as 2011. Different as stated on in your instructions, my 2011 activation code is not compatible/the same with/as 2014 (though it works perfectly well for 2011).

Could you please help me out here, as you hopefully understand, I didn't upgrade just to look at the logo of 2014.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

PS) The activation code also is not to be found in the correspondence you sent me as it was before.

Related Topics

About Activation Codes

Activate Your Product
Topic: How to Get an Activation Code Published: 27-Jun-2012 /SDL_Licensing_Help_2014/client_en/Product_Act/How_to_Get_an_Activation_Code.htm

[Edited at 2015-03-14 00:17 GMT]
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another point.... Mar 14, 2015

.... when I click on show activation code, the system shows the code of 2011, with which I can activate only 2011, not 2014, so you know.

[Edited at 2015-03-14 00:27 GMT]

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Furthermore... Mar 14, 2015

... Passolo doesn't open either, only MultiTerm. Hope I gave you enough information, if not, please contact me.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
When you go to your account.... Mar 14, 2015

... it probably says something like "Upgrades Available" on the left. You'll see this after you go to your licenses. I guess you need to process your upgrade. This basically means that you follow the instructions in the account after clicking on process upgrade.

Important point to note is that you must return your 2011 license. This is because when you get your new activation code (after you process the upgrade) you will be given a new code for 2014. When you install 2014 and a
... See more
... it probably says something like "Upgrades Available" on the left. You'll see this after you go to your licenses. I guess you need to process your upgrade. This basically means that you follow the instructions in the account after clicking on process upgrade.

Important point to note is that you must return your 2011 license. This is because when you get your new activation code (after you process the upgrade) you will be given a new code for 2014. When you install 2014 and activate it this will also reactivate 2011. So you don't need to uninstall 2011 and can take your time transferring over resources/projects as needed.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In which order? Mar 16, 2015

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your answer, I will give it a try, but I am not sure in which order I should follow your instructions for not to loose my second license.

I already did download 2014 on my laptop (desktop will follow later), and the situation now is as described above.

My question is: do I first have to return my 2011 licence and upgrade or do I first have to upgrade and then return the license?
What about the version of 2014 I already downlo
... See more
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your answer, I will give it a try, but I am not sure in which order I should follow your instructions for not to loose my second license.

I already did download 2014 on my laptop (desktop will follow later), and the situation now is as described above.

My question is: do I first have to return my 2011 licence and upgrade or do I first have to upgrade and then return the license?
What about the version of 2014 I already downloaded? Do I have to download it again after the upgrade (so remove the already downloaded version from my laptop), or what?

Could you please enlight me here?

Thanks,

Rob
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Why would you lose your second license? Mar 16, 2015

Hi Rob,

Even if everything went pearshaped you can force return your license on your own. Anyway, do it like this:

1. Process your upgrade to get your new software and license
  2. Download the new software and install it (don't license it yet)
  3. Now return your 2011 license
  4. Close Studio 2011, and start up 2014
  5. License 2014 ... See more
Hi Rob,

Even if everything went pearshaped you can force return your license on your own. Anyway, do it like this:

1. Process your upgrade to get your new software and license
  2. Download the new software and install it (don't license it yet)
  3. Now return your 2011 license
  4. Close Studio 2011, and start up 2014
  5. License 2014 with your new activation code when asked

Once you have done this you will be able to use 2014 and 2011 on the same machine. No need to activate 2011 as it will be automatically activated now.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I tried, but no go Mar 16, 2015

Hi Paul,

I followed your instructions, but unfortunately to no avail. So I am back to where I started.

A few observarions.

I upgraded in license, but received the indication that there are no upgrades.
Downloaded and installed 2014
Returned my 2011 licence (closed the programm)
Opened 2014, clicked activate, opened licenses online, but 2014 isn't there. It stops with 2011.

I had a look at both videos Activating online and Acti
... See more
Hi Paul,

I followed your instructions, but unfortunately to no avail. So I am back to where I started.

A few observarions.

I upgraded in license, but received the indication that there are no upgrades.
Downloaded and installed 2014
Returned my 2011 licence (closed the programm)
Opened 2014, clicked activate, opened licenses online, but 2014 isn't there. It stops with 2011.

I had a look at both videos Activating online and Activating offline.
I did exactly as shown on the video Activating online, only on the video 2014 is to be found under license, in my license account NOT. So, that is a deadend street.

Then I tried to activate Offline, but I don't even get an Installation ID.

So, what now?

Please let me know.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Do you see any of these... Mar 16, 2015

... because it looks to me as though you still haven't processed your upgrade to get the license.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
If you still can't manage this... Mar 16, 2015

... drop me an email and we'll do a skype session to see what the problem is?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Activation code

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »