How to update TM in Trados 2007 (from uncleaned file)
Thread poster: Translator1987

Mar 14, 2015

Hello everyone,

i have some problems. from time to time iwill need to update (add more translation memory to allready existed TM) my TM. The files, from that i have to do it is Word unclean file.

How i should do it praperly?

I got some advice: tools - clean-and choose update TM.

But i`m not sure, if is it correct.

Please pease help me

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:48
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
We need more information on the origin of the Word files Mar 15, 2015

What is the origin of the uncleaned Word files? Are they for instance an External View from Trados or Studio, or perhaps MemoQ? Or is it an uncleaned Trados Workbench file?

If it's an External View file, it should be in a table format with 3 or more columns. In that case you might be able to copy the table over to an Excel file and import it into your TM.

Depending on the format there may be simpler ways to do it, though.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to update TM in Trados 2007 (from uncleaned file)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search