Thread poster: dlecount

dlecount
Germany
Local time: 19:36
German to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2015

Hello all,

I have a slight problem. I recently had a full-on OS failure which necessitated a full reinstall of Windows, MS Office, and of course, Studio 2014. It goes without saying that I didn't have the opportunity to return the licence, so I was compelled to Force Return the licence from the SDL website before I tried to reinstall.

However, when I came to install Studio 2014, I was surprised to discover that it was already "activated". Not the 30-day demo, but the full activation. I didn't even have to enter my licence code. However, TranslationZone apps cannot be installed because apparently the installation isn't valid.

If I click on the Activation Code link under Product Activation, I see the window showing "The activation code used on this machine is:", but the code is blank. If I open up diagnostics (CTRL+F10), I get "License status: NotAuthorized".

The licence is shown as free and available in my account, but I am unable to deactivate this invalid licence because the Return Licence process doesn't recognise my licence code, including via the offline deactivation process.

Seeing as the licence is unused on my SDL account, the problem is most definitely with my local configuration. Does anyone know how I can manually delete this invalid licence from my PC (either through the settings directory or registry) so that I can effectively return Trados to its 30-day demo mode and activate it properly?

Thanks!icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2015-03-17 08:36 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:36
English
Only way is to contact SDL Support Mar 17, 2015

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio / SDL Passolo – 2011 or 2014
-- I need to have my license reset

Pick the correct route for you and if appropriate you will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form, and make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange activation glitch

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search