Managing tags in XML files not working
Thread poster: Sonia Gouin

Sonia Gouin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:04
English to French
Mar 19, 2015

Just received a large amount of xml files to translate for a client. This is my first time translating xml files and I am using SDL Studio 2014 SP2.

1) The project consists of several training modules that each have their own files. My first problem is that from one module to the next, some of the file names are the same such as base.xml. Should I rename all the duplicates or is there a workaround. I want to analyze and translate all the files in the same project.

2) Of course, all of the files include tags that appear as text. Not that much but still enough to be cumbersome. The tags are mostly for underline, bold, italics and list purposes. Now, I read that SP1 for version 2014 is supposed to be quite helpful in managing these but I can't figure out how to do this. When I go into Project Settings, File Types there are many different options for Embedded content processors. I tried a few different avenues but nothing seems to work.

I am willing to purchase a service contract if I know for sure they will be able to assist me with this.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to go about this?

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:04
English
Think about windows explorer... Mar 20, 2015

... where you cannot have two files with the same name in the same folder. Same thing for Studio... would also make it very hard to see which one was which! So my advice would be create folders for each moudule and then just load the folders into Studio. Then you can achieve what you want.

On the embedded content, perhaps this article will be helpful: http://multifarious.filkin.com/2014/06/01/custom-xml/

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Managing tags in XML files not working

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search