France
Local time: 20:57
Member (2014)
French to Japanese
+ ...
Mar 23, 2015

Hello,

I need some help for Trados 2014.

I received a package from my agency including a word file and TM, successfully imported.
But when I started translating, I noticed that last 10 lines of word file are not shown as source text in Editing view (so impossible to add translated target text).

If I go to File>Print&View>View in MS word as source, I can see these unshown 10 lines...so it may be a miss configuration of Editing view.

Does anyone know how to show these unshown 10 lines?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
If they are not in the editor view... Mar 23, 2015

... then it's because they were specifically excluded when the file was prepared. So maybe they have an untranslatable style, or they have the hidden text attribute?

If you think they should be translated then you need to go back to your client and ask them to prepare the file with this text available. It's nothing you should address as the package is like this already.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

tnomura  Identity Verified
France
Member (2014)
French to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 24, 2015

Paul,

Thank you for your comments.

I'll contact my client to verify if it should be translated.

Best regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A part of souce text doesn't show in Editing view

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search