Studio 2014 SP2 patch extremely slow.
Thread poster: philwhite
philwhite
Local time: 16:23
German to English
Mar 23, 2015

I installed the most recent patch about a week ago.

The installed version is 11.2.4378.9

Since installing that patch, the interface has become slow and unresponsive, particularly with large projects.

The symptoms are as follows:

• When switching to the File view in particular, the interface becomes unresponsive for up to 40 seconds. It takes anything up to 10 seconds for the file list (a single merged file) to appear, and the system does not respond to keyboard or mouse input for a considerable time after the file has appeared.
  • Switching to the Projects page has always frozen the interface for a few seconds. This is now 15 seconds or so, depending on how many live projects I have.
  • Switching to the Reports view now also freezes the interface for several seconds.
  • Using keyboard shortcuts to call the menus (Alt + H + B + A to analyze a file, for instance) no longer works satisfactorily. After pressing the B, for "Batch Tasks", the file is saved, which may take a few seconds with an extensive file. The A (Analyze) is not accepted during this time.

I am using Windows 7, 64- bit on an i5 processor with 16GB of memory and an SSD hard disk. There are no performance problems with the machine.

My colleague has reported identical problems.

Once the file is loaded in the editor (the file I currently have loaded is only 18000 words, albeit in 225 merged HTML files) performance is as normal.

I suspect that a number of housekeeping and validation tasks have been introduced in this patch.

Has anyone else had this issue, and is there any way to restore normal performance?

Thanks for any help.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 SP2 patch extremely slow.

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search