How to create a TM out of translated/clean .idml file?
Thread poster: Regi2006

Regi2006
Indonesia
Local time: 22:01
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Mar 25, 2015

Hello everyone,

Could anyone help me with this following problem?

To get straight to the point, I have two .idml files (one is the source file, while the other one is the translated/clean file that I translated using Trados Studio 2014).

The problem is I have lost the TM and all the relevant Trados files. Since this is a rather big file, I'm wondering if it is possible for me to create a TM out of these two .idml files.

So, is there any convenient way for me to create a TM without having to copy and paste the translation segment by segment?

Thank you very much in advance for your help and suggestions.

Many thanks.

Regi

[Edited at 2015-03-25 05:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-03-25 05:44 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-03-25 06:54 GMT]

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 17:01
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Realigning? Mar 25, 2015

The normal way when you have a source and target file would be to realign them in Studio. I regretably don't know about the .idml format, but as you have translated them in Studio, I take it it would also be possible to align them there.

Regi2006
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Will google it. Mar 25, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

The normal way when you have a source and target file would be to realign them in Studio. I regretably don't know about the .idml format, but as you have translated them in Studio, I take it it would also be possible to align them there.

Hi Roy,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have never done this re-aligning before, but I will google it. Thank you for giving me hope.

Regi.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
http://blog.sdl.com/company/new-alignment-in-sdl-trados-studio-2014-easier-faster-smarter/ Mar 25, 2015

I think the above link should give you the information you need.

http://blog.sdl.com/company/new-alignment-in-sdl-trados-studio-2014-easier-faster-smarter/

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Perhaps this article... Mar 25, 2015

... will be more helpful : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-Em

The other one was written before we added the alignment editor so it's a little out of date.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Regi2006
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you to Paul and Roy Mar 25, 2015

Hi Paul and Roy,

I don't know how to thank you, you've both really helped me. It worked! Thank you very much!
I really appreciate your prompt help!

Best regards
Regi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create a TM out of translated/clean .idml file?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search