How to create a TM out of translated/clean .idml file?
Thread poster: Regi2006

Regi2006
Indonesia
Local time: 08:59
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Mar 25, 2015

Hello everyone,

Could anyone help me with this following problem?

To get straight to the point, I have two .idml files (one is the source file, while the other one is the translated/clean file that I translated using Trados Studio 2014).

The problem is I have lost the TM and all the relevant Trados files. Since this is a rather big file, I'm wondering if it is possible for me to create a TM out of these two .idml files.

So, is there any convenient way for me to create a TM without having to copy and paste the translation segment by segment?

Thank you very much in advance for your help and suggestions.

Many thanks.

Regi

[Edited at 2015-03-25 05:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-03-25 05:44 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-03-25 06:54 GMT]

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:59
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Realigning? Mar 25, 2015

The normal way when you have a source and target file would be to realign them in Studio. I regretably don't know about the .idml format, but as you have translated them in Studio, I take it it would also be possible to align them there.

Regi2006
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Will google it. Mar 25, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

The normal way when you have a source and target file would be to realign them in Studio. I regretably don't know about the .idml format, but as you have translated them in Studio, I take it it would also be possible to align them there.

Hi Roy,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have never done this re-aligning before, but I will google it. Thank you for giving me hope.

Regi.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
http://blog.sdl.com/company/new-alignment-in-sdl-trados-studio-2014-easier-faster-smarter/ Mar 25, 2015

I think the above link should give you the information you need.

http://blog.sdl.com/company/new-alignment-in-sdl-trados-studio-2014-easier-faster-smarter/

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Perhaps this article... Mar 25, 2015

... will be more helpful : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-Em

The other one was written before we added the alignment editor so it's a little out of date.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Regi2006
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you to Paul and Roy Mar 25, 2015

Hi Paul and Roy,

I don't know how to thank you, you've both really helped me. It worked! Thank you very much!
I really appreciate your prompt help!

Best regards
Regi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create a TM out of translated/clean .idml file?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search