https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/283669-merging_several_autosuggest_dictionaries_update_autosuggest_dictionaries.html

Merging several Autosuggest dictionaries - update Autosuggest dictionaries
Thread poster: CaPaq
CaPaq
CaPaq
France
Mar 25, 2015

Dear all,
A technical question about the Autosuggest dictionary of Trados ; When you have created an Autosuggest dictionary from a general or client-specific memory, how can you maintain and update this dictionary. For example, if later you decide to add the TU of another memory to this dictionary ?
Other question : can you merge two or more Autosuggest dictionaries? If yes, how do you proceed. I tried a trip like open the .bpm file with a text software and to add text from an othe
... See more
Dear all,
A technical question about the Autosuggest dictionary of Trados ; When you have created an Autosuggest dictionary from a general or client-specific memory, how can you maintain and update this dictionary. For example, if later you decide to add the TU of another memory to this dictionary ?
Other question : can you merge two or more Autosuggest dictionaries? If yes, how do you proceed. I tried a trip like open the .bpm file with a text software and to add text from an other dictionary, but much too complicated, because of encoding...
Thanks for your help...
Caroline
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 11:04
French to German
+ ...
Regenerate it from the TM Mar 25, 2015

Caroline

The way it works currently, the AutoSuggest dictionary is a static file, which means it is not updated automatically.

It needs to be regenerated periodically in order to reflect the changes you have made to your TM. This is an easy task, which does not take a lot of time.

As you cannot edit an ASD, you also cannot merge several ASDs. You can however assign multiple ASDs to a project.
Alternatively, you may create a merged ASD by creating a t
... See more
Caroline

The way it works currently, the AutoSuggest dictionary is a static file, which means it is not updated automatically.

It needs to be regenerated periodically in order to reflect the changes you have made to your TM. This is an easy task, which does not take a lot of time.

As you cannot edit an ASD, you also cannot merge several ASDs. You can however assign multiple ASDs to a project.
Alternatively, you may create a merged ASD by creating a temporary TM, in which you import all the TMs you want to merge before generating an ASD from this temporary TM.

Walter
Collapse

CaPaq
CaPaq
France
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks very much Mar 27, 2015

Thanks very much for your quick answer. It is what I worked out, but I wanted confirmation that there aren't any other trip. I indeed created a global TM from a number of small TM exports to have a merged ASD, but it was time-consuming. Thanks very much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging several Autosuggest dictionaries - update Autosuggest dictionaries

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »