Liesbeth Blom-Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:07
Member (2010)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2015

Hi All,

I started a termbase yesterday and today, after some automatic updates were installed on the pc last night, I can no longer add new terms to it. The error message 'Multiterm is unable to add the entry' appears. Multiterm 2014 SP2 and Studio 2014. I have restarted the pc - no good. I can't find answers in 'old' threads about this topic, as it's no longer supposed to have anything to do with Java, as I've understood it? Thanks for any suggestions.

An hour later: now I get: 'Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: WebBrowser'. Help!

A day later: is there anybody out there who can give me an idea what to do, please?

[Edited at 2015-03-27 08:33 GMT]

Katherine Hornsby
Italy
Local time: 20:07
Member (2017)
Italian to English
Multiterm error cannot access a disposed object multiterm tree Sep 22, 2015

I have the same (or a similar problem). I am not sharing my termbase with anyone. I am the only one using it (I work on my own), so it is not caused by sharing as I seem to have read in other posts.
Multiterm and trados are working, but in a limited way. Each time a saved lexical item comes up in the translation, multiterm proposes the preferred translation, but I cannot save new lexical items either directly in trados 2014 with "add new term" or by opening multiterm separately.
Not only that, but I now cannot close trados down....it works, but it won't shut down with either the close or exit commands.
Help!! What is happening??
I have seem other related posts but no solution seems to have been found.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm error 'unable to add entry'

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search