Thread poster: NathB

NathB  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:36
Member (2014)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 26, 2015

Do you know if a link for a wordiest TM can work on Trados?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
There's an article... Mar 27, 2015

... here that may answer your questions : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-QJ

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
AFAIK, it can't Mar 27, 2015

NathB wrote:
Do you know if a link for a Wordfast TM can work on Trados?

As far as I know, the only things that can open a Wordfast TM link are WFA (Wordfast Anywhere) and WFP (Wordfast Pro). As far as I know, there is also no way to get WFC (Wordfast Classic) to consult a linked TM. WFC can consult a TM in WFA, but I've never checked if WFC can access a linked TM via WFA.

Paul's answer relates to converting offline TMs, but I know of no way to get linked Wordfast TMs offline, except by asking the client for it. That is one of the reasons for a linked TM, after all -- to allow the translator access to the segments that he needs without giving him the entire TM.

[It is possible to extract some segments from a linked Wordfast TM via Wordfast Pro, using scripted automation, but it takes a long time to do, and can only extract segments that are fuzzy matches for the segments in a TXML file, so that's probably not for you.]

[Edited at 2015-03-27 09:52 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast & Trados compatibility

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search