Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Administrator password for TM for Trados?
Thread poster: Paulinho Fonseca

Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:54
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 2, 2015

Dear colleagues,

I have been experiencing some issues with TM with my Trados Studio plus 2011/2014 when adding TM to project. What bothers me is that it is happening only to one of my clients TM.
When I open project is asks for TM, which I try to add, but get the following messages:

TRANSLATION MEMORY PASSWORD

Enter the administrator password for this translation memory.

I do not have a password or have ever set one, not even my client, which when I have to access their TM Cloud there is a specific password and user name for that, but not for My Trados. I have read Tutorials and watched other videos, but I can't find anything.

Has anybody had this issue before or can offer any help?icon_frown.gif

Thank you in advance.

Géraldine Chapman  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:54
English to French
+ ...
Ignore the message Apr 3, 2015

Hi Paulinho,

This message pops up sometimes when you are using the client's TM. Try to ignore it, don't write any password and only press OK, it should work. I don't know why sometimes it does that, but I have always been able to work with the TM after ignoring the message.

Tell me if it works!

Happy translating,

Géraldine

Brazil
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Géraldine. Apr 3, 2015

Géraldine Chapman wrote:

Hi Paulinho,

This message pops up sometimes when you are using the client's TM. Try to ignore it, don't write any password and only press OK, it should work. I don't know why sometimes it does that, but I have always been able to work with the TM after ignoring the message.

Tell me if it works!

Happy translating,

Géraldine

At first, I used to do it. (What you said about Pressing OK), but for the last two weeks, it is not working and I haven't been able to use TMs. I have gone through the Help system, but what is said by SDL does not work or doesn't seem to make sense as it does not match the setting proposed or the path they say does not show there. Client is upset with the repetition of issue.
Thank you and I will try it again.

Paulinho Fonseca

Géraldine Chapman  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
What results? Apr 7, 2015

So Paulinho, did you try again with the corrupted TM?

What are the results?

Brazil
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Geraldine Apr 14, 2015

Géraldine Chapman wrote:

So Paulinho, did you try again with the corrupted TM?

What are the results?

So sorry about the delay. It does not work.icon_frown.gif. I am still stuck with it.
SDL did not give me a reply on that issue. I am still unable to use TM.

adelina chernaeva-yolova
Bulgaria
Local time: 07:54
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Same issue Jul 28

Hello,
just wondering if you've found any way to deal with this problem as I also have an older TM I need to convert and the message keeps popping up and I'd really hate to lose this memory because of some bug.

Brazil
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still the same Jul 28

Hi Adelina.

Not at all. The glitch is that it only happens to specific TM file types (package: .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf, .tmw). Since then, I have used different versions (updated) of Trados, but the glitch is still there and that is very annoying.

Best.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Paulinho Jul 28

Paulinho Fonseca wrote:
The glitch is that it only happens to specific TM file types (package: .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf, .tmw).

Excuse me, but what are you trying to do with .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf? All you need, is simply opening the .tmw file in Studio - this is a legacy TM created in older version of Trados, while .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf are internal files and you don't need to ever touch them at all.

Jorge Payan

Krzysztof Ryszkiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Hi Aug 29

The same issue has just appeared to me. I cannot use my TMs. Only today it has started to request a password I have never set. I am confused and desperate to solve the problem but what shoulld I do?

Brazil
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Natalie. Aug 29

Natalie wrote:

Paulinho Fonseca wrote:
The glitch is that it only happens to specific TM file types (package: .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf, .tmw).

Excuse me, but what are you trying to do with .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf? All you need, is simply opening the .tmw file in Studio - this is a legacy TM created in older version of Trados, while .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf are internal files and you don't need to ever touch them at all.

As I try to update the file types I mentioned (package: .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf, .tmw) SDL Studio will request Administrator password, and this only happens if I have to update TM in order to add it to project. No worries, support has never got back to me with plausible help. I have managed issue creating new TMs based on jobs I have done.
Best.

Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
But Aug 29

you do NOT need to do ANYTHING with .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf!
The only file you need is .tmw - simply open it in your project, and use while translating.

I still don't understand what are you trying to do with the rest of the files.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Natalie Aug 29

Natalie wrote:
The only file you need is .tmw - simply open it in your project, and use while translating.

I tried opening a TMW file in Trados 2019. Firstly, it would seem that one can only open it as a translation memory (but perhaps that is what you meant). Secondly, it wouldn't actually open, because Trados gives an error message asking for an IIX file. FWIW, Trados 2007 also refused to open the TM, also asking for an IIX file. Is this normal?

Brazil
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am not using the package, just mentioned it as the one sent by client... Aug 29

Natalie wrote:

you do NOT need to do ANYTHING with .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf!

I still don't understand what are you trying to do with the rest of the files.

. The glitch occurs when I try to upgrade TM file .tmw.

icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2018-08-29 18:42 GMT]

vjokgezc6zejdu5gj58k.pngntutd7runljzpopi9ggq.pngjwck8xcanuixdjfsudnj.pngbid2xnftnigmif5kbgcy.pngv3s09zsijxauqjidgwqb.pngv3s09zsijxauqjidgwqb.png

[Edited at 2018-08-29 18:45 GMT]

Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Are you trying Aug 29

to do this directly from the Dropbox? The path in the error message indicates that the Studio is looking for this TM at Dropbox.

Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
@Samuel Aug 29

Samuel Murray wrote:

Natalie wrote:

I tried opening a TMW file in Trados 2019. Firstly, it would seem that one can only open it as a translation memory (but perhaps that is what you meant). Secondly, it wouldn't actually open, because Trados gives an error message asking for an IIX file. FWIW, Trados 2007 also refused to open the TM, also asking for an IIX file. Is this normal?

Hi Samuel,

Sorry, I know completely nothing about Studio 2019 as I haven't even seen any demo. I can only confirm that opening legacy TMW files in 2017 (and previous) versions works fine (at least for me), as one of my clients sends me files with such legacy TMs rather often.

Yes, the "main" file of a legacy TM is .TMW, but you need to keep in the same folder the whole bunch of files (i.e. also .iix, ,mdf, .mtf, .mwf). What I mean, that these "additional" files should simply be there: you do not need to do anything with them at all.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Administrator password for TM for Trados?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search