Studio 2014 SP2: Change order of results for QuickPlace to prioritize tags
Thread poster: eivind
eivind
Local time: 03:35
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 3, 2015

I am a new Studio user, and mostly find it to be quite alright. However, I find the method for tag placement to be a bit inconvenient, and I am not sure if I am just doing it wrong.

As far as I can tell, the only way to insert tags without copying the source or using the mouse is through the QuickPlace dropdown list summoned with Ctrl-comma. Now this mostly works quite well, but I find that when there are other placeables in the text (capitalized strings or numbers), these get placed on top of of the QuickPlace dropdown list, and I have to press the down key several times in order to get to the tags. Since I can and do use AutoSuggest to enter these placeables, I do not really need to access these using QuickPlace. Is there any way to change the order of results for QuickPlace or to have it only show tags? I have tried to look through the settings menu, but I may have missed a setting somewhere.

Does anyone have any tips here, or suggestions for better ways of working with tags?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:35
English
There is an article here... Apr 3, 2015

... that might be helpful:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/09/10/working_with_tags/

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 SP2: Change order of results for QuickPlace to prioritize tags

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search