Trados Studio 2009: I cannot generate target because of tag order (Eng-Korean)
Thread poster: Alexandra_Vas
Alexandra_Vas
Russian Federation
Apr 3, 2015

Hi All!

Please help me to solve the following problem:

I translate word document from English(U.S.) to Korean using Trados Studio 2009.

File format of source - .doc

But when the translation is finished I cannot save the target file because of tag order. In Korean language the structure of sentences is different and I cannot keep the tag order as in English.

What shall I do to save the target file and preserve Korean tag order?

Thank you in advance)

[Edited at 2015-04-03 15:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-04-03 15:48 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-04-03 15:49 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:45
French to German
+ ...
Are you sure the error is the tag order and not a missing tag? Apr 4, 2015

Normally, changes in the order of tags do not prevent Studio from saving the target. Only some special tags that are missing such as field, illustration, etc. will prevent you from generating the target.

What is the exact error message you are getting?

Please check that you do not have such a missing tag in one of your target segments.

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009: I cannot generate target because of tag order (Eng-Korean)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search