Trados Studio 2014 order through Proz: where is AutoSuggest Creator?
Thread poster: Jonathan Neve
Jonathan Neve
Jonathan Neve  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:31
English to French
+ ...
Apr 4, 2015

Hi all,

I purchased Trados Studio through a recent group buy here on Proz, and it came with "SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on". I see it mentionned on my order, but when I log into my account, I can't download it anywhere, and I can't find any information about it. So I'm wondering what this mystery product is, and how I activate it, since I've bought it.

The other thing that's funny is that in my download section, I DO have a link for SDL Passolo 2011, which I DIDN'T bu
... See more
Hi all,

I purchased Trados Studio through a recent group buy here on Proz, and it came with "SDL AutoSuggest Creator Add-on". I see it mentionned on my order, but when I log into my account, I can't download it anywhere, and I can't find any information about it. So I'm wondering what this mystery product is, and how I activate it, since I've bought it.

The other thing that's funny is that in my download section, I DO have a link for SDL Passolo 2011, which I DIDN'T buy. I downloaded it, but the activation key doesn't work, which makes sense I guess, but in that case, why do I have access to it, and what am I supposed to do with it...

Very confusing...

Jonathan
Collapse

Soledad Etchemendy
Soledad Etchemendy
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just as intrigued as you Apr 4, 2015

Following this thread, as I'm in almost the same situation (my Passolo activation key did work).

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Autosuggest creator Apr 4, 2015

Do you mean that when you go to Welcome>Home tab in Studio, the "Create Autosuggest dictionary" icon is greyed out?

I don't know about your Passolo issue. I understood it was no longer bundled with Studio 2014. Is it in your account because it's left over from a previous Studio version?

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You should find the activation key in your SDL account Apr 4, 2015

Jonathan

You don't need to install anything in addition to Studio because it already includes AutoSuggest, but you need to activate it. You should find the activation code in your customer account under "Licenses".

Concerning Passolo, the activation codes you find in your account are for the Passolo Essentials version, if you want tor try it. If you don't need it, just don't care about it.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 order through Proz: where is AutoSuggest Creator?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »