Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apr 7, 2015

Hello everyone

I've noticed that while Shift+Insert (paste) does work in Trados 2011, Shift+Delete (cut) doesn't. How can I get Shift+Delete to work?

Thanks
Samuel

==

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Use CTRL-C and CTRL-V Apr 7, 2015

These are the standard keyboard shortcuts for copying-pasting to the clipboard.

Walter

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try CTR+X Apr 7, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:
I've noticed that while Shift+Insert (paste) does work in Trados 2011, Shift+Delete (cut) doesn't. How can I get Shift+Delete to work?
==

I think ctr+X is what you want. I also miss Shift+Delete in Studio, I am afraid, when I want to cut and paste.

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Walter Apr 7, 2015

Walter Blaser wrote:
These are the standard keyboard shortcuts for copying-pasting to the clipboard.

As are Shift+Delete and Shift+Insert, in all programs on my computer, except Trados 2011.

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
One option Apr 7, 2015

I use Ctrl-C/V/X, so I can't comment on Shift-Ins or Shift-Del in Trados or elsewhere. What I can say is that Authohotkey can fix this for you: just set it up to issue a Ctrl-X when you press Shift-Del. Of course if you don't use AHK, it might not be worth it to install the program just for this purpose.

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 01:28
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Edit the shortcuts Apr 7, 2015

Options > Keyboard Shortcuts, and edit the shortcuts for the Copy, Cut, and Paste commands.

Edit: I just tried, and Studio doesn't accept Shift+Del as a shortcut. The only workaround I can think of at the moment is using AHK, but it would be interesting to try and figure out why Studio doesn't accept this as a shortcut.

It is probably best posting this question/report this issue on SDL Community Support.

[Edited at 2015-04-08 09:41 GMT]

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Shai Apr 7, 2015

Shai Navé wrote:
Edit: I just tried, and Studio doesn't accept Shift+Del as a shortcut.

Yup, I also found that. Ten years ago I would have fired up ResHack and edited the shortcut myself, but these days I'm pretty much at the mercy of the developers' quirks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make Shift+Del work in Trados 2011

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search