Wordcount for inserted AND deleted text
Thread poster: Dmitry Pakidov

Dmitry Pakidov
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:32
Apr 7, 2015

Hi,

I’m currently facing a large number of voluminous documents containing changes made using MS Word’s Track Changes mode, and the customer wants to see both the inserted AND deleted text translated, with preservation of this formatting in the target document. I understand how to organize my work with these files in Studio, but I’m completely lost as to what number of words should I invoice my customer for and how to count them. I’ve found a blog post of a translator who encountered a similar problem and he suggests using PractiCount and Invoice as a means of counting the deleted text, but for some reason whenever I try to count the deleted characters in my document the result comes up as zero. I’m guessing this is because this tool can’t handle such big documents as those I’m working with.

Does anyone have any tips on how to count both inserted AND deleted text in such documents?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordcount for inserted AND deleted text

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search