Autopropagation - Is there any way
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:55
Italian to English
Apr 7, 2015

to get these lines to autopropagate with the correct numbers? I have a very long file with a lot of segments that are a series of dates and times:

03/03/2015 10.10.33
07/05/2014 21.22.43
07/05/2014 21.24.05
08/05/2014 14.52.29
08/05/2014 14.52.55

They don't seem to autopropagate. Is there any setting I can use to get them to autopropagate or is this wishful thinking?

Thanks
Eileen

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Better not to Autopropogate at all! Apr 7, 2015

Hi Eileen,

If I was you I would use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit to copy all these segments to target (manipulated as required), confirm and lock. This wouldn't take very long and the entire project would be sorted in a couple of clicks.

If you do AP them the process in a long file could take a while, and it's subject to various nuances of Sudio recognition which you'd have to careful validate.

If you need some help just post the format the target should be and we can help with the regex to do this.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Filter on numbers only? Apr 7, 2015

In Studio 2014 you can filter out segments with numbers only (on Review tab). Then you could copy source to target in all segments.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Use display filter and lock the segments Apr 7, 2015

Eileen

I second Paul's suggestion and in case you don't need to modify the numbers' formats, don't copy source to target but leave the target empty and lock the segment to avoid anything being inserted. Having an empty target avoids cluttering your TM with unnecessary segments (where source text is identical to target).

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autopropagation - Is there any way

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search