Giovanni Danielli
Giovanni Danielli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:45
Member (2013)
English to Italian
Apr 8, 2015

Hello everybody
I am working on SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance SP2 and I am not able to find the "Export for external review" function in the list of Batch Tasks tab of "Review" menu.
I see the funtion only under "Project setting - All Language pairs - batch processing" menu but it does not work.

Can anybody suggest a solution? Thanks

Catarina Lopes
Catarina Lopes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:45
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Save project Apr 8, 2015

Hi Giovanni,

I had the same problem before and I then I realised I needed to save my project first for that function to become visible/active.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Catarina

[Edited at 2015-04-08 13:49 GMT]

Giovanni Danielli
Italy
Member (2013)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Export for external review function missing Apr 8, 2015

Hello Catarina...thank you

I tried to save the project with all segments confirmed but there is no chance: the "Export for external review" function is still missing from "batch task" list...

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Save the SDLXLIFF and then check again Apr 8, 2015

Giovanni Danielli wrote:

I am not able to find the "Export for external review" function in the list of Batch Tasks tab of "Review" menu.

Giovanni

There is no list of batch tasks in the "Review" section of the ribbon, but a single button labelled "Export for external review".

However, there is a button "Batch tasks" in the"Home section" of the ribbon. Check if the command appears there, it should. Make sure you have saved your SDLXLIFF first (regardless of whether you have already translated and confirmed the segments, this is not relevant for this).

If you still can't find the command, go to "Add-Ins - Plug-ins" and check if "External Review Tasks" appears in the list of plug-ins and whether it is activated.

Walter

Giovanni Danielli
Italy
Member (2013)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Export for External Review - problem solved Apr 9, 2015

Hi Walter.

Thank you very much!

I have enabled the plug-in and now every think works well!

I never imagined that Export for External Review was a "custom plu-in".

Thanks again.

Giovanni

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
It is installed by default Apr 9, 2015

Giovanni Danielli wrote:

I never imagined that Export for External Review was a "custom plu-in".

Giovanni

It is a "normal" plug-in (as opposed to system plug-ins) of Studio and normally activated by default.

For some obscure reason it was deactivated in your configuration.

"Add-Ins - Plug-ins" is a very convenient place to check whenever one of the plug-ins does not seem to work. It also allows you to temporarily deactivate unwanted plug-ins without the need to uninstall them. Unfortunately, only few users are aware of this feature.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export for external review function missing

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »