Activation issue from upgrade Trados 2009 to Trados 2014 + MultiTerm 2014 installing issue
Thread poster: Carole K
Carole K
Local time: 18:17
French to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2015

Hello,

I encountered 2 issues with my new Trados 2014 installation and need some help:

1)
I just purchased Trados 2014 Freelance Plus upgrade from my previous Trados 2009 Freelance Plus.
I managed to download and install Trados 2014. But when it gets to the activation of the product, my SDL account only shows my old license number (Trados 2009) and it doesn't work if I enter it in the activation code box.

I've looked through the Knowledge Base SDL Support website, but I don't see an answer.
What should I do to be able to activate 2014?

2)
I also had an error trying to install MultiTerm 2014 and I'll paste the details below:

It gets to installing SDL Multi Term 2014 SP2 widget [if selected in installation] or loading SDL Multi Term SP2 Convert then stops with a dialog box "Could not access network location \Hewlett-Packard\\."

Retry does nothing, so you have to cancel and get this message:

"Set-up did not complete. The error is:

Package 'SDL MultiTerm 2014 SP2 Widget [or Convert] could not be installed. Fatal error during installation. Error number: 1603"

Any assistance is greatly received, as I'm a freelance translator and I don't have the paid for support.

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:17
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Some answers Apr 11, 2015

Hope you can find some answers here:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/10/03/upgrade/

You definitely don't need to pay for installation and licensing support. See the end of the blog post for details how to contact SDL.

Carole K
Local time: 18:17
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem 1 sorted out, thank you! Apr 12, 2015

thank you for the link. It helped me activating Trados 2014.

However, I still have the problem that I mentioned above when I try to install MultiTerm 2014.
So any help regarding this would be very welcome.

If I ever manage to install MultiTerm 2014, I'll post the answer here. (and I really hope to be able to use MultiTerm!)

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:17
French to German
+ ...
Make sure the Installer is on a local drive Apr 12, 2015

Carole

Judging from your error message ""Could not access network location \Hewlett-Packard\\.", it could be that your installer is located on a network drive.

I suggest you copy the installer to a local drive (or even to your desktop) and launch it from there. The installation should then succeed.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Activation issue from upgrade Trados 2009 to Trados 2014 + MultiTerm 2014 installing issue

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search