Generating AutoSuggest Dictionary on the fly
Thread poster: eivind

eivind
Local time: 10:13
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 16, 2015

I'm getting used to Studio (2014) after using memoQ for several years. I find it to be an improvement in most areas, but I am sorely missing a feature I did not even realise I was using that much, namely Longest Substring Concordance (LSC) with automatic typing. Mostly I found this useful for automatically inserting UI text into software manuals; once I had translated the name of a function in a separate segment, it would be suggested while translating a segment detailing the usage of said function.

Now, I gather I can emulate this functionality in Trados Studio by creating an AutoSuggest dictionary of the TM, but I understand this would not work when I am translating the UI text at the same time as the text referencing the UI text, since the dictionary would be out-dated after a few segments. Is there any way to use an active TM as an AutoSuggest dictionary? I have dug through the options and OpenExchange, but have yet to find anything similar. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Generating AutoSuggest Dictionary on the fly

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search