Thread poster: Isabelle Bruno

Isabelle Bruno  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:49
French to English
+ ...
Apr 16, 2015

Hello,
I am working on a projec with TRADOS/SDL( it is my first time).
I need urgently a couple of hours course on skype in order to make the best of my doubts and details about the programm. ( Of course it will paid).
It is urgent is urgent.
34 606 654 606.
Isabelle.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Help with Studio Apr 16, 2015

Hi Isabelle,

If this can be done this evening then I'll happily give you a few hours (no cost) over Skype and hopefully provide you with the information you need.

Drop me an email if this is interesting for you?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
pfilkin@sdl.com

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:49
Finnish to French
Wow! Apr 16, 2015

SDL Community wrote:
If this can be done this evening then I'll happily give you a few hours (no cost) over Skype and hopefully provide you with the information you need.

Is anyone starting with Studio entitled to free private tuition with no else than Paul Filkin himself? ProZ is going to have a hard time competing with their $$$ webinars icon_wink.gif

United Kingdom
English
Well... Apr 16, 2015

... if the timing is right (several hours to while away in a hotel) I'm always willing to help! I'm almost sorry you find that so surprising Dominic.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:49
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nothing against this free of charge support Apr 16, 2015

The weird thing is I posted an issue here a while ago about technical support with SDL trados 2011 and got only one reply from another translator, SDL support did not even bother; just clarifying that it did not come from SDL. And it hasn't been solved.

Just surprised! :/

[Edited at 2015-04-16 14:29 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:49
Finnish to French
Yes, surprised Apr 16, 2015

SDL Community wrote:
... if the timing is right (several hours to while away in a hotel) I'm always willing to help! I'm almost sorry you find that so surprising Dominic.

No need to be sorry about that. I'm surprised because such a behaviour would qualify as going "beyond the call of duty" in my books. Would you say it's a general policy at SDL to kill time after a hard day's work on a business trip by helping out a poor customer stuck with one of your products? I'd imagine most people would rather have a beer at the lobby's bar. Anyway, I'm probably not the only one thinking you're SDL's best goodwill-building asset in their CAT tool business icon_wink.gif

United Kingdom
English
ok... Apr 16, 2015

... maybe just add that I often do my best work after a beer at the lobby baricon_wink.gif

Cheers

Paul

United Kingdom
English
What have you tried? Apr 16, 2015

Paulinho Fonseca wrote:

The weird thing is I posted an issue here a while ago about technical support with SDL trados 2011 and got only one reply from another translator, SDL support did not even bother; just clarifying that it did not come from SDL. And it hasn't been solved.

Just surprised! :/

You mentioned in the thread on password protected TMs (I guess that's what you are referring to?) that nothing you read helped? What did you read and what have you tried?

Can I see the TM?

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Annie Duncan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:49
Member (2014)
Spanish to English
+ ...
SDL Trados 2015 Help needed Apr 14, 2016

Hello!

Does this offer of help still stand? I have been struggling with Trados for some time now and as a freelancer, it's not easy to learn on my own. I would really love some tuition and to be able to ask questions with a screenshare!

It would be very appreciatedicon_smile.gif

sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:49
Training Materials Apr 14, 2016

Hi Annie,

I have sent you an email with information about Training Materials we have available for all users of the Studio 2015.

Hope it Helps,

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions.

Have a question about licensing and installation?
Use our LIVE CHAT facility bit.lySDLChat

United Kingdom
English
Sure... Apr 14, 2016

Annie Duncan wrote:

Does this offer of help still stand?

... I'm not stuck in a hotel at the moment but I'd be happy to give you an hour to cover some basics and answer questions that should help you to get started.

Drop me an email, pfilkin@sdl.com, and we'll set something up.

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT SOME HELP WITH TRADOS SDL

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search