nedra
United States
Local time: 03:12
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 22, 2015

Hello,

I have been having this problem since upgrading to Trados 2014 and it occurred only rarely in 2009.

I will generally only get about 10 terms in my Term Recognition window for a given translation unit. This is consistent throughout all documents and document types. Each translation unit will start out strong, but then peter out by the end. Sometimes it will give me separate hits for a longer term which I know is in my termbase ("contrato" and "seguro" versus "contrato de seguro"). Of course, when I go to add a term that is already in my termbase but not showing up in the Term Recognition window, I get a message telling me that the term is already there.

As the source language in my language pair is given to very long sentences, this is a recurring problem. I have searched forums, tried to determine whether there is a setting that may be causing this and reorganized my termbases (multiple times). Nothing fixes the problem.

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:12
Finnish to French
Known bug Apr 22, 2015

nedra wrote:
As the source language in my language pair is given to very long sentences, this is a recurring problem. I have searched forums, tried to determine whether there is a setting that may be causing this and reorganized my termbases (multiple times). Nothing fixes the problem.

This appears to be a bug acknowledged by SDL themselves.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:12
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Known bug indeed Apr 22, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

nedra wrote:

This appears to be a bug acknowledged by SDL themselves.

A known bug indeed, and a very irritating one. This bug has been present since Studio 2009 (i.e. it hasn't been addressed in three major versions so far).

I've offered a bet that the new version (Studio 2015, a paid upgrade) will still suffer from this bug. So far, no one has taken my bet.

In another thread, someone from SDL said that the cynics were up to some surprises - I'm very much looking forward to these surprises.

[Bearbeitet am 2015-04-22 20:29 GMT]

nedra
United States
Local time: 03:12
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Apr 22, 2015

Thank you both. I knew somebody else, or many somebodies, had to have commented on this. It just didn't show up in my search.

I take solace in the (perhaps misguided) hope that SDL will note how many people are complaining about this and make it a priority. It is a serious productivity drain in a product that is supposed to do exactly the opposite.

Best of luck to you both.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2014 Term Recognition - limited results

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search