100% matches not showing up
Thread poster: Ben Senior

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:43
German to English
Apr 23, 2015

I seem to remember this cropping up before but I can't find it any more.

I have a project with several TMs. When translating, a segment doesn't show any matches at all, but when I highlight the whole of the source segment and do a concordance search (F3 or from the context menu) it returns a 100% match. If I search the TM it finds the match.

Is there a setting somewhere that controls this behaviour?

Thanks.

Ben

Direct link Reply with quote

_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Project Settings -> TM Apr 23, 2015

Is "Lookup" checked for this TM in your project settings? It is possible to use a TM for concordance search only, although I can't imagine a scenario where I might actually want to do that.

I suppose it's good the option is there just in case.

[Edited at 2015-04-23 12:29 GMT]

eivind
Local time: 01:43
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Project TM Apr 23, 2015

Have you tried deactivating the project TM? That worked for me. Didn't notice any performance difference either, even with 100k+ TUs.

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
TM settings Apr 23, 2015

_stephan wrote:

Is "Lookup" checked for this TM in your project settings? It is possible to use a TM for concordance search only, although I can't imagine a scenario where I might actually want to do that.

I suppose it's good the option is there just in case.

[Edited at 2015-04-23 12:29 GMT]

All of the TMS in the project are "Enabled" and also "Lookup" and "Concordance" and the two subject specific ones for "Update".

eivind wrote:

Have you tried deactivating the project TM? That worked for me. Didn't notice any performance difference either, even with 100k+ TUs.

I shall try that eivind to see if it helps, but I can't imagine why it should make a difference.

Regards

Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

100% matches not showing up

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search