https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/284966-100_matches_not_showing_up.html

100% matches not showing up
Thread poster: Ben Senior
Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:33
German to English
Apr 23, 2015

I seem to remember this cropping up before but I can't find it any more.

I have a project with several TMs. When translating, a segment doesn't show any matches at all, but when I highlight the whole of the source segment and do a concordance search (F3 or from the context menu) it returns a 100% match. If I search the TM it finds the match.

Is there a setting somewhere that controls this behaviour?

Thanks.

Ben

_stephan
_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Project Settings -> TM Apr 23, 2015

Is "Lookup" checked for this TM in your project settings? It is possible to use a TM for concordance search only, although I can't imagine a scenario where I might actually want to do that.

I suppose it's good the option is there just in case.

[Edited at 2015-04-23 12:29 GMT]

eivind
eivind
Local time: 14:33
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Project TM Apr 23, 2015

Have you tried deactivating the project TM? That worked for me. Didn't notice any performance difference either, even with 100k+ TUs.

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
TM settings Apr 23, 2015

_stephan wrote:

Is "Lookup" checked for this TM in your project settings? It is possible to use a TM for concordance search only, although I can't imagine a scenario where I might actually want to do that.

I suppose it's good the option is there just in case.

[Edited at 2015-04-23 12:29 GMT]

All of the TMS in the project are "Enabled" and also "Lookup" and "Concordance" and the two subject specific ones for "Update".

eivind wrote:

Have you tried deactivating the project TM? That worked for me. Didn't notice any performance difference either, even with 100k+ TUs.

I shall try that eivind to see if it helps, but I can't imagine why it should make a difference.

Regards

Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

100% matches not showing up

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »