Termbase problem: Index not specified (Trados 2011)
Thread poster: Julia Turner

Julia Turner  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:59
Member (2014)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 24, 2015

Hello everyone, I really hope somebody can help me because I'm tearing my hair out!

A termbase which I have used successfully with previous projects now doesn't seem to work. In termbase viewer the languages appear the wrong way around. When I go into Project Setting>Termbases I see that my project language indexes are not specified, but I can't work out why.

I don't know whether I have to change something in Multiterm or in Trados, I've tried creating a new termbase but I have the same problem. Does this mean the problem is with the project rather than the termbase?

Any suggestions will be appreciatedicon_smile.gif

Thanks

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Do the languages match? Apr 24, 2015

Hi Julia

Does your termbase include the two languages of your Studio project?
Try in Studio to remove the termbase and then to add it on again. When you do this, Studio will issue a message telling you that the indexes have been adjusted. Check what happens at this stage.

Walter

Julia Turner  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 24, 2015

Incredible...I just removed all the termbases (checked and unchecked) I had in the project setting window and added my current terbase again...and it worked!

I can't believe I spent all morning stressing over this!

Thank you very much Waltericon_biggrin.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase problem: Index not specified (Trados 2011)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search