Bernadette Mora  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:10
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2005

Dear all

First of all, I have a Pentium IV, Windows XP.
My customer sent me a TM but when I started using it seems as if it was empty. The customer said that this sometimes happens and to fix it, I just had to export the .tmw file, create a new TM and import it. Nevertheless, when I began to import it, I got the following message,

50016 Don't use; as list separator in style name. Change in control panel/regional.

What does it happen to me?
I am getting nuts.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Bernadette

[Edited at 2005-01-18 16:48]

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Trados error messages: Use Trados Knowledge Base Jan 18, 2005

Entering your error message number gives the following article from the Trados Knowledge: http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=438

You just have to enter the error number in the I’m looking for the Error number: field and hit the Submit search button.

Good luck.
Jørgen

Geoffrey Barrow
Local time: 12:10
Norwegian to English
A common problem Jan 18, 2005

This is a question which crops up regularly, as you will see if you search the Proz archives for "list separator". I think the following web page should explain the problem and help you solve it.

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=438

Cheers,
Geoff

Bernadette Mora  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can't import to a TM Jan 19, 2005

Thank you very much Geoff!And thank you very much Jorgen!
It really worked it out!

Greetings from Spain

Bernadette

[Edited at 2005-01-19 01:08]

Ines Di Salvo, M.A.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
The solution is really to change the regional settings! Jan 19, 2005

Bernadette Mora wrote:

Dear all

First of all, I have a Pentium IV, Windows XP.
My customer sent me a TM but when I started using it seems as if it was empty. The customer said that this sometimes happens and to fix it, I just had to export the .tmw file, create a new TM and import it. Nevertheless, when I began to import it, I got the following message,

50016 Don't use; as list separator in style name. Change in control panel/regional.

What does it happen to me?
I am getting nuts.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Bernadette

[Edited at 2005-01-18 16:48]

I had the same message (in German) and couldn't understand the meaning/sense. But after having changed the setting for the separator ";" into a "," under: control panel/regional/language/adjustment (or extended in English??? - my PC speaks German) the problem was solved. Hope, I could help you, good luck
Ines

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can' t import to a TM

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search