Add New Term in Editor only adds source term in Multiterm and appears as created by "Local"
Thread poster: Spanish@Canada
Spanish@Canada
Canada
Local time: 11:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 30, 2015

I´ve finished a translation in Editor (Studio 2014) and I want to add now many terms to my termbase. I created an input model so that I don´t have to manually add some fields like the Subject, Project and Client that are identical for all the entries I want to add.
I select the row and then highlight the term in the Source and Target column and when I right click on Add New Term or Quick Add New Term in Editor two things happen:
- if I use an input model, only the source term (English) is added to the termbase while the field for the target term (Spanish) appears empty.
- if I don´t use an input model, the Spanish target term is added but as Danish (another language in the termbase settings).
How can I solve that? What am I doing wrong?
Moreover, all the terms I create from the Editor appear on the termbase as Created by "Local" even though in the termbase settings the user is set to my name. When I create entries directly in Multiterm desktop, they appear correctly as Created by "Myname". In Options, the local user name is correctly set to "Myname".
What do I have to do so that the entries I add to my termbase from the Editor appear as Created by the local user name I specified and not by "local"? I need that to be able to use it later as a Filter for export purposes.
Thanks.

[Edited at 2015-04-30 03:30 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add New Term in Editor only adds source term in Multiterm and appears as created by "Local"

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search