Some segments in ttx-files not saved in SDL Studio 2011
Thread poster: Rosa Levin

Rosa Levin
Germany
Apr 30, 2015

Hello,

I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with a little problem I have. I have tried searching the forum for it but find no answer to it.

I’m translating ttx-files with SDL Trados Studio 2011. It works fine, I presegment the files in Trados 2007 and tags seem to work not perfectly but close to it.

However, sometimes after I’ve ”Saved target as…” in Studio 2011 (replacing the original file with the new file) and open the newly saved ttx-file again, the segments I just translated are not translated but once again a copy of the source file.

This can happen when the source text and translation is identical (numbers etc) but also for text that is translated. I confirm the translations (they are saved in the TM), save it again and sometimes it’s translated when I open it again, sometimes not.

This issue is causing me great problems - I have an enormous amount of files to translate for some jobs and I can’t go through every single one again and maybe succeed in saving it - so if anyone has a solution for this problem I would be most grateful!

Rosa Levin
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
addition May 1, 2015

I wanted to add that it is never all the translated segments that aren't saved, but what seems to be a random selection of 3 or 4 segments.

Rosa Levin
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Is there no one with a similar problem or a solution? Dec 4, 2015

I would be very grateful to hear your replies.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 08:42
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Have not received ttx files in ages Dec 4, 2015

In addition I'm using Studio 2015. It may be there is an issue with 2011 which has been fixed in 2015, so perhaps you should consider upgrading?

This will of course not solve your problem here and now, but could be a solution for the future. You might want to check if there is a trial version of 2015, and if it works there, perhaps?

Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Some segments in ttx-files not saved in SDL Studio 2011

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search