How can I open an Excel with several tabs i SDL Trados Studio?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 5, 2015

I often receive Excel files with 4-5 tabs from my customer, and have until now translated directly in the Excel file. However, it would be more efficient if I could open these Excel files in Studio instead and use a translation memory. Does anyone know, is it possible to open Excel files with several tabs in Studio? Or do I have to change any settings in Studio or use code to get it to work?

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 04:47
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Have you tried to import it? May 5, 2015

I usually receive Excel documents as sdlxliff documents, so I haven't actually tried it, but for those documents I have, the Excel document is nicely imported, where the names of each tab. In the past I translated the name of each sheet, until I discovered that it could create trouble with formulas.

So I don't think you need to do anything special - just import it as you would any other document.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I open an Excel with several tabs i SDL Trados Studio?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search