Soraya Hoepfner
Germany
Local time: 11:55
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 5, 2015

Hello,

I have used SDL Automated Translation assistant for about some months with happy results. Yesterday Ive decided to try the 'SDL Language Cloud' option and signed up for a 1 month free trial.Since then, I get an error message when trying to login to the usual SDL Automated Server "Check that you are using the correct server name...". So, coincidentally, after signing up to try the new service, the other method stop working.

I have seen in old posts from older versions people experienced this 'server down' with no further solution, explanation.

In any case, I could not figure out how could I do what I used to do via Automated Server using the so called Language Cloud. I tried to upload a file to the session 'Automated translation' and it says 'File is too big, try to upload a smaller file...'.

Question - how to perform the automated translation using the Language Cloud using Trados Studio? Or it has to be done via uploading file to the Cloud only? Is there an alternative, in case the SDL Automated Server does not come back? Is there a coincidence or both options cannot operate together?

Is there an alternative to automated translation outside Trados proprietary options? anyone has eve tried Google (paid. it is worthy?)

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Language Cloud x SDL Automated Translation

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search