How do I create a project in Studio with SDLXLIFF as source already (no original) for reviewing?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 17:34
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 6, 2015

I received 2 merged SDLXLIFF files from my customer and a Studio-TM. So I want to create a reviewing project of this and add these SDLXLIFF files and Studio-TM to the project. But the last steps in project creation consist of preparing the files and pre-translate etc. So I wonder what happens with these already fully translated SDLXLIFF files (that I only want to review and edit where necessary)? I will keep Track Changes turned off during the whole reviewing but commit changes I make to the TM.... See more
I received 2 merged SDLXLIFF files from my customer and a Studio-TM. So I want to create a reviewing project of this and add these SDLXLIFF files and Studio-TM to the project. But the last steps in project creation consist of preparing the files and pre-translate etc. So I wonder what happens with these already fully translated SDLXLIFF files (that I only want to review and edit where necessary)? I will keep Track Changes turned off during the whole reviewing but commit changes I make to the TM.

Does anything in these files (SDLXLIFF, TM) change when creating a project during the last steps of the project creation? I need the files to be completely unchanged even after I have created the project so I can review the other translator's translations in these 2 SDLXLIFF files.

Now when I check against the original, I can see that the file sizes changed for both these 2 merged SDLXLIFF files and the TM.

What is best to do now? Can I just copy and paste the original SDLXLIFF files and the TM to the project folders to replace them? Or will I get any error messages later if I do this? I just want this project structure where I keep everything in one place.
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 17:34
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Copy the new sdlxliff files to the project's language folder May 6, 2015

If I understand you right, you already have a project that is created. In that case you can copy the new file to the language folder in the project hierarchy. You probably have to have the same file in the source folder too - although I haven't actually checked that.

Usually when I receive an sdlxliff file, I just double click it, but that starts a new project, which I suspect is not what you want.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I create a project in Studio with SDLXLIFF as source already (no original) for reviewing?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »