Kaori Kawakami  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:56
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
May 8, 2015

Hello translators,

I recently upgraded to Studio 2014 from 2011, and since then, I am having this 'timeout-error.' When it happens, the PC does not respond any more, and I have to shut down Trados. Luckily, Trados saves all that have been done, but since it happens frequently, it bothers my work.

I suspect it seems to be related to the server and every time, the internet connection is weak, this happens. Trados 2011 did not have this problem, even when I am using MyMemoryPlugin (I do not know if this is a source of this problem).

Does anyone encounter this problem and has solved the issue? It really bothers me to that point where I want to downgrade back to 2011!!!

Thank you for your help and attention.

Regards,

Kaori

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:56
French to German
+ ...
What server-based resource do you use then? May 8, 2015

You mention that it might be related to the server, but you do not mention what server-based resources you use.

Did you attach a server-based TM to your project?

Walter

Brazil
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only MyMemory Plugin... May 8, 2015

Dear Walter,

Thank you for your attention.

Well, I have not set any server-related TM (if something is set by default, I have not released it, either). The only TM I suspect may be a cause is MyMemory PlugIn, but I used this with my 2011, and it did not cause any trouble like this.

Is there anything I can do?

Kaori

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:56
French to German
+ ...
Try to disable MyMemory .... May 8, 2015

... to see if the problem disappears.

Walter

Brazil
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I need MyMemory May 8, 2015

Thank you, Walter.

But MyMemory is very good reference and I want to use it. Plus, Studio 2011 did not have this problem when I was using MyMemory. When the Internet connection is weak, only I cannot use MyMemory, but Trados did not freeze.

Am I the only one who is having this trouble??

Kaori

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP!!! Studio 2014 having 'timeout-error' all the time

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search