Kaori Kawakami  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:09
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
May 8, 2015

Hello translators,

I recently upgraded to Studio 2014 from 2011, and since then, I am having this 'timeout-error.' When it happens, the PC does not respond any more, and I have to shut down Trados. Luckily, Trados saves all that have been done, but since it happens frequently, it bothers my work.

I suspect it seems to be related to the server and every time, the internet connection is weak, this happens. Trados 2011 did not have this problem, even when I am using MyMemoryPlugin (I do not know if this is a source of this problem).

Does anyone encounter this problem and has solved the issue? It really bothers me to that point where I want to downgrade back to 2011!!!

Thank you for your help and attention.

Regards,

Kaori

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:09
French to German
+ ...
What server-based resource do you use then? May 8, 2015

You mention that it might be related to the server, but you do not mention what server-based resources you use.

Did you attach a server-based TM to your project?

Walter

Brazil
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only MyMemory Plugin... May 8, 2015

Dear Walter,

Thank you for your attention.

Well, I have not set any server-related TM (if something is set by default, I have not released it, either). The only TM I suspect may be a cause is MyMemory PlugIn, but I used this with my 2011, and it did not cause any trouble like this.

Is there anything I can do?

Kaori

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:09
French to German
+ ...
Try to disable MyMemory .... May 8, 2015

... to see if the problem disappears.

Walter

Brazil
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I need MyMemory May 8, 2015

Thank you, Walter.

But MyMemory is very good reference and I want to use it. Plus, Studio 2011 did not have this problem when I was using MyMemory. When the Internet connection is weak, only I cannot use MyMemory, but Trados did not freeze.

Am I the only one who is having this trouble??

Kaori

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP!!! Studio 2014 having 'timeout-error' all the time

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search