Apostrophe / quotation marks font size changes
Thread poster: Nick Hoyle
Nick Hoyle
Local time: 19:21
German to English
May 12, 2015

Hi, can anyone shed light on what is causing the following in SDL Studio 2014?

My source text is in Arial 10pt but the curly apostrophes that I insert with Alt+0146 are in Arial 12pt when I save the sdlxliff back to Word. Same goes for curly quotation marks. This then increases the line spacing.

I had the same issue a few days ago with a different customer, different TM - that time the apostrophes came out in Times Roman 12pt.

Both texts were just fairly plain Word documents with little formatting and few tags.

Direct link Reply with quote

Brian Jones  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:21
French to English
Apostrophe / quotation marks font size changes also in Studio 2016 Nov 15, 2016

I have the same problem a few times each week in Studio 2016. Although the entire body of the Word document is in 10-point font, all of the curly apostrophes and quotation marks (generated in Studio) are mysteriously in 12-point font. Even when I try to do an advanced find-and-replace to change, for example, all occurrences of 12-point apostrophes to 10-point apostrophes, it doesn't work. I have to go back to Studio, change all curly marks to straight marks, recreate the Word document, and find and replace all straight marks with curly marks.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Apostrophe / quotation marks font size changes

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search