Not Answered Use of Trados TM (import/export) in Web Environment
Thread poster: Yevgeniy Sherlaimov

Yevgeniy Sherlaimov
Ukraine
Local time: 23:37
English to Russian
+ ...
May 13, 2015

Hello fellow translators, I've got an unusual productivity task to tackle.

I'm looking to optimize the future workflow of a translation team that may be scattered across the world. What I need is a centralized web-based solution to allow for:

1) Exporting of text into Trados translation engine to process it

2) Importing of translated text back into our web application (preferably with all Trados-related tags: fuzzy matches, etc)

3) Subsequent exporting of edited text to update/create new records in a remote TM

I'm not sure if such an integration is possible at all, as all the development/integration info I've found so far was regarding the use of SDL Trados desktop application, rather than the latter working purely as a processing engine synchronized with a web app.

Any help/advise would be highly appreciated, thanks,

Eugene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not Answered Use of Trados TM (import/export) in Web Environment

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search